- View this month’s edition of the Pilgrim Pulse
- Archive issues
We are meeting for Sunday Services in our Sanctuary at 10:00 am! For those of you who still wish to view the service from your home, please join us for our online services every Sunday at 10:00 am.
Our services are posted to our Church website, our new YouTube Channel search ‘First Congregational Church of Greenville Michigan’ and on our Facebook page ‘First Congregational Church of Greenville.’
Join us for our Sunday Service!
We are so glad to have you all come back and join us! As we continue to meet for church services, we will be following guidelines suggested by our Legislature. If you are sick, have been exposed to Covid-19, or are a high-risk patient, please stay home for now and watch services online. We will continue to live stream the worship service on Facebook and the church website.
A few things we’ll be doing to be sure our congregation stays safe . . .
- Greeters at front and back doors will help you with new procedures (wear a mask, use hand sanitizer, have your temp taken). Remember, no handshaking, hugging or touching the door.
- Ushers will seat you in the sanctuary, so we maintain at least six feet of social distance in the pews.
- Ushers will wear gloves to hand out bulletins.
- The Order of Worship has been streamlined and there will be less singing and speaking by the congregation for a while.
- The offering will be collected by the ushers at the end of the service as you exit the sanctuary.
- There will be no nursery, Sunday School, or coffee hour right now.
- If you borrow a washable mask or use a disposable mask for services today, leave it at the door as you leave. There will be a receptacle available for that purpose.
- Take everything with you when you leave your seat in the pew – bulletin, other papers, trash, etc. and either deposit in a waste can or take home with you.
- If you come down with COVID-19 within a couple of weeks of attending services here at the church, call the church office and let us know.
These procedures have been developed with great concern and consideration for the health and safety of all who attend our services. We know there may need to be changes as we proceed, and the Church Council will be carefully monitoring the Coronavirus situation within and around Montcalm County. In the event of a significant uptick in reported cases in our area, we may need to consider closing again for a while. If you have any questions, please reach out to our Committee Members: Larry Alman, Deb Dieckman, Kirk Faber, Don & Fran Gibbs, Candy Outman & Patrice Fulton-Peacock. Thank you!
Church Council News
We want to thank everyone for continuing to contribute and tithe with us! If you would like to send in a donation or info on how to tithe with us, please call the church office. Your continued support is greatly appreciated!
New Office Hours:
Effective February 1, 2020, the office will be open Monday through Thursday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm with lunch from 11:30 to 12:00. The door is locked; If you need assistance, please call ahead. *Please update your contact info with the church office to receive mailings on upcoming events!
Our team is here for your spiritual & emotional care! To schedule an appointment or visit, please call the church office at 754-3445.
We have resumed meetings as a board and are looking forward to seeing you in church! While things may look a bit different with hand sanitizing stations and masks, our sanctuary is ready to worship the Lord! There is no coffee hour and we have shortened the service to limit the time of exposure to each other.
- Improvements: technology with the sound system thanks to Bruce Beauvais and Tim Schmidt.
- We are adding a Music Committee that will be a subcommittee of the Deacons.
- We are organizing a “care package” for our very own Sgt. Joe Suchowolec. Here is a list of items he would enjoy & appreciate: Crystal Light drink mixes, beef jerky, granola bars, pringles (pizza flavored), candy bars, baby wipes, disposable razors, magazines or newspapers, trail mix, word search & Sudoku books, Our Daily Bread…past & current issues, and anything else people may think he could use. The box will be in the lobby starting Sun., July 5th. Anything you can bring to contribute will show Joe how much we’re missing him and praying for his safe return. We’ll keep the box out through July 19th, and then get it packed up and shipped off.
Registration Packets are now available for Fall 2020!. If you or someone you know is interested in sending their little one to a wonderful, fun & loving Christian based school, please call the church office and a packet can be mailed to you. For questions or more information please visit our Preschool Facebook page at “FCC Preschool” or call 754-3445.
Click on the link to upload a packet: Preschool Packet 2020
We recently held a popcorn fundraiser from the Goodies Factory based out of Holland, Michigan. Thank you to everyone who ordered! Orders will be in soon! *If you did place an order and have not paid, please contact the church office.
Christian Ed News
- St. Paul Lutheran is not reaching out for Vacation Bible School this year. Since we hosted it last year, we won’t be having a week-long VBS either. We MAY hold a one-day event in August. Keeping social distances doesn’t work well with kids but we will try to have some fun! Get more information in the next Pilgrim Pulse.
- Sunday school classes are on a “summer break” and will resume in the fall.
Women’s Fellowship News
- Women’s Fellowship is waiting until their board meeting on August 26 to determine the safety of Circle meetings, Bazaar, and Fall events. Please do NOT plan on a Rummage Sale for now. While it would be nice to have some social time, the risk is far too great. We will NOT have a Terri Lynn Nut Sale this Fall. See the list of what is still available! Chris Hubbard will make arrangements for you to get them.
- Due to the COVID-19 all meetings have been postponed until further notice.
The Chancel Choir is on Summer Break and will resume practices in the fall. If you would to join the choir, please contact the church office.
We are having a variety of Special Music Performances over the summer months! If you are interested in singing or sharing your special talent, please contact the church office.
PF Youth News
- Our PF Youth Group is not able to meet at this time.
- There is a PF Youth and Family trip planned for July 12th at Potterville Zoo at 12:00 pm. Families are welcome to join and stay as long as you like.
- There is a summer PF Youth and Family Trip planned for the end of July or beginning of August – Date TBA.
- Please stay tuned for dates/times of all events. If you have any questions about the group or would like to join one of our events, contact Claude Johnson or the church office.
- Helpful resources right here in Greenville: Caring.com is the leading online destination for those seeking information and support as they care for aging parents, spouses, and other loved ones. They create free resources that provide comprehensive information on topics like financial support and care options that are available per area. Please check out our website: https://www.caring.com/senior-living/assisted-living/michigan/greenville for more information!
- Consider visiting the Flat River Community Library, virtually! Registration is required. Register at: www.flatriverlibrary.org/events. Here is the line-up of events over the next month: Turtle Races! on Fri, July 10th at 2:00 pm, Lost and Found: Ghost Towns of W. Central Michigan on Sat, July 11th at 2:00 pm, Genealogy Toolbox on Thurs, July 23rd at 6:30 pm and Comic Art Fantasy on Mon, July 27th at 3:00 pm.