- View this month’s edition of the Pilgrim Pulse
- Archive issues
We are meeting for Sunday Services in our Sanctuary at 10:30 am! For those of you who still wish to view the service from your home, please join us for our online services every Sunday at 10:30 am.
Our services are posted to our Church website, our new YouTube Channel search ‘First Congregational Church of Greenville Michigan’ and on our Facebook page ‘First Congregational Church of Greenville.’
Church Council News:
We want to thank everyone for continuing to contribute and tithe with us! If you would like to send in a donation or info on how to tithe with us, please call the church office. Your continued support is greatly appreciated!
Church Office Hours:
The office will is open Monday through Thursday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm with lunch from 2:00 to 2:30pm. The door is locked; If you need assistance, please call ahead. *Please update your contact info with the church office to receive mailings on upcoming events!
Our team is here for your spiritual & emotional care! To schedule an appointment or visit, please call the church office at 754-3445.
- The next meeting is October 12th at 6:30pm.
- We will be having Holy Conversations on October 3rd, 10th, and 17th. Please join us at church at 6pm in Fellowship Hall.
- We welcome guest Speakers: Tom & Wendy Van Tassell! Please join us as they conduct a six-week journey to intentionally examine our Church Covenant. *Sunday School is available during worship (children are dismissed after the Children’s sermon).
- Coffee Hour: We are discussing coffee hour options More information will be announced soon!
*Classes are full for the fall. If you or someone you know is interested in sending their little one to a wonderful, fun & loving Christian based school, please call the church office and a packet can be mailed to you. For questions or more information please visit our Preschool Facebook page at “FCC Preschool” or call 754-3445.
Click on the link to upload a packet: FCC Preschool Admission Packet 2021
Christian Ed News:
Our Sunday School has kicked off and we are all excited to have children back in the classrooms once again! Children are excused after the children’s sermon to join their teachers in the class rooms. If you would like to do a Children’s Sermon, please contact Fran Gibbs at 754-7714 or the office.
Women’s Fellowship News:
- We are now taking Pre-Orders for Terri Lynn Nuts! Please stop by the church bulletin board for an order form. Pre-orders must be turned in by October 7th. Orders will be delivered in November – date TBA.
- Fall Rummage Sale: We will have a fall rummage sale Friday, Oct. 8th from 8-3. Gently used items can be brought in beginning Monday, Oct. 4th. If you would like to help set up for the sale, work the day of, help clean up afterwards, or help deliver the unsold items to Arms of Love, please contact Chris Hubbard.
- Kitchen Coordinators Needed! Please see Chris Hubbard if you are willing to be one of a few women who can share duties of monitoring events using the kitchen(inventory of supplies, follow state guidelines, etc.). We are hoping to resume events in Fellowship Hall and hope to have a rotation of volunteers, so it doesn’t fall on any one person. It involves a study guide and taking a test through the health department.
We are still looking for anyone wanting to join our group to sing, so please consider joining the Chancel Choir this year! No audition is necessary! Rehearsals will begin promptly at 9:30am on the Sunday service in which we sing. If interested in joining us, please contact the church office.
Music Committee News:
If you are interested in providing special music (singing, playing an instrument, playing the piano, etc.), please contact the church office.
PF Youth News:
- Our Group meets on the first and third Sunday of the month after service.
If you have any questions about the group or would like to join one of our events, contact Claude Johnson or the church office.
- Helpful resources right here in Greenville: Caring.com is the leading online destination for those seeking information and support as they care for aging parents, spouses, and other loved ones. They create free resources that provide comprehensive information on topics like financial support and care options that are available per area. Please check out our website: https://www.caring.com/senior-living/assisted-living/michigan/greenville for more information!
FOOD MISSION: The Food Mission is open once again at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church! The first day will be Tuesday, July 6th. Volunteers are needed for the new schedule which is Tuesday’s 10-12 and Wednesday’s 6-7:30pm. There will be on the job training and workers have the option to wear or not wear masks if vaccinated. If interested please call Dee Veitengruber at 616-754-1853.