- View this month’s edition of the Pilgrim Pulse
- Archive issues
Click here to go to our Pilgrim Pulse page
- We are meeting for Sunday Services in our Sanctuary at 10:30 am!
- We have Adult Bible Study and Children’s Sunday School classes available before service at 9:30am.
- We also have a Nursery Service available during church service.
- For those of you who still wish to view the service from your home, please join us for our online services every Sunday at 10:30 am.
- Our services are posted to our Church website, our new YouTube Channel search ‘First Congregational Church of Greenville Michigan’ and on our Facebook page ‘First Congregational Church of Greenville.’
Church Council News:
We want to thank everyone for continuing to contribute and tithe with us! If you would like to send in a donation or info on how to tithe with us, please call the church office. Your continued support is greatly appreciated!
- Your Church Council is pleased (and relieved) to report that we’ll be presenting a proposal for some final revisions to the Bylaws in April, with the vote planned for Annual Meeting. This Bylaws review has been a much longer and more complicated process than we first expected, having begun in 2018. But at long last, the end is in sight! Announcements will begin on April 24, and copies of the proposal will be available as of that date
The office will is Monday through Thursday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm with lunch from 2:00 to 2:30pm. The door is locked; If you need assistance, please call ahead.
- Members: Please update your contact info with the church office (new phone numbers, email addresses, or mailing address) to receive mailings on upcoming events!
Our team is here for your spiritual & emotional care! To schedule an appointment or visit, please call the church office at (616) 754-3445.
- Meetings are the second Tuesday of every month at 6:30pm.
- Coffee Service: We hold a coffee service with light refreshments in our Fellowship Hall. Please join us!
*If you or someone you know is interested in sending their little one to a wonderful, fun & loving Christian based school, please call the church office and a packet can be mailed or emailed to you. For questions or more information please visit our Preschool Facebook page at “FCC Preschool” or call (616) 754-3445.
*Classes are full for the fall.
Christian Ed News:
Children invited to attend Sunday School every Sunday morning at 9:30am!
If you would like to do volunteer to teach a class or help with our Children’s Sermon, please contact the office.
Women’s Fellowship News:
- WF Bake Sale: We are hosting a Holiday Bake Sale on Saturday, November 19 from 10:00am to 1:00pm, with drop off on Friday, November 18 from 10:00am to 4:00pm. The featured cookie walk will be back along with many other baked goods. Please start planning now on baking some treats for the bake sale!
CIRCLE MEETINGS ARE BACK! We have two groups (circles) women can participate in. Winslow Circle meets at the church Wednesday, October 5 at 1:00pm. Call Rosel Eagles if you would like to attend their group. They often have a devotion and fellowship with each other. Bethany Circle meets Wednesday, October 5 at 6:30pm. Call Fran Gibbs if you would like more information. This group has chosen a book study about Women of the Bible and they too, have fellowship and pray for others. Circles meet the first Wednesday of the month!
We are still looking for anyone wanting to join our group to sing, so please consider joining the Chancel Choir this year! No audition is necessary! Rehearsals will begin promptly at 9:30am on the Sunday service in which we sing. If interested in joining us, please contact the church office.
Music Committee News:
If you are interested in providing special music (singing, playing an instrument, playing the piano, etc.), please contact the church office.
PF Youth News:
- Our Group meets on the first and third Sunday of the month after service.
If you have any questions about the group or would like to join one of our events, contact Claude Johnson or the church office.
- Helpful resources right here in Greenville: Caring.com is the leading online destination for those seeking information and support as they care for aging parents, spouses, and other loved ones. They create free resources that provide comprehensive information on topics like financial support and care options that are available per area. Please check out our website: https://www.caring.com/senior-living/assisted-living/michigan/greenville for more information!
FOOD MISSION: The Food Mission is open at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church! Volunteers are needed for Tuesday’s from 10am to 12pm and Wednesdays from 6-7:30pm. There will be on the job training and workers have the option to wear or not wear masks if vaccinated. If interested, please call Dee Veitengruber at 616-754-1853.