- View this month’s edition of the Pilgrim Pulse
- Archive issues
We are meeting for Sunday Services in our Sanctuary at 10:30 am! For those of you who still wish to view the service from your home, please join us for our online services every Sunday at 10:30 am.
Our services are posted to our Church website, our new YouTube Channel search ‘First Congregational Church of Greenville Michigan’ and on our Facebook page ‘First Congregational Church of Greenville.’
Church Council News:
We want to thank everyone for continuing to contribute and tithe with us! If you would like to send in a donation or info on how to tithe with us, please call the church office. Your continued support is greatly appreciated!
- Your Church Council is pleased (and relieved) to report that we’ll be presenting a proposal for some final revisions to the Bylaws in April, with the vote planned for Annual Meeting. This Bylaws review has been a much longer and more complicated process than we first expected, having begun in 2018. But at long last, the end is in sight! Announcements will begin on April 24, and copies of the proposal will be available as of that date
- Annual Meeting: we are looking at either May 15th or May 22nd. For either date, we’ll have the meeting after church. A potluck is being discussed as well, either before or after the meeting. So, pencil these dates in; an announcement with definite plans will be made soon!
Church Office Hours:
The office will is open Monday through Thursday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm with lunch from 2:00 to 2:30pm. The door is locked; If you need assistance, please call ahead.
- Members: Please update your contact info with the church office (new phone numbers, email addresses, or mailing address) to receive mailings on upcoming events!
Our team is here for your spiritual & emotional care! To schedule an appointment or visit, please call the church office at (616) 754-3445.
- The next meeting is June 14th at 6:30pm.
- We will be having a Maundy Thursday Supper on April 14th at 6:00pm. Please call the office to RSVP that you are coming!
- Coffee Service: We hold a coffee service with light refreshments in our Fellowship Hall the second Sunday of every month! Please join us!
*If you or someone you know is interested in sending their little one to a wonderful, fun & loving Christian based school, please call the church office and a packet can be mailed or emailed to you. For questions or more information please visit our Preschool Facebook page at “FCC Preschool” or call (616) 754-3445.
*Packets are now available! Click on the ‘Preschool’ tab above at the top of the page; there is a link to download the packet with all the information you need! Spaces are filling up so make sure to get your packet and registration fee into the church office ASAP!
Christian Ed News:
Children are excused after the children’s sermon to join their teachers in the class rooms.
If you would like to do a Children’s Sermon, please contact Fran Gibbs at 754-7714 or the office.
Women’s Fellowship News:
- Spring Rummage Sale: Thank you to our workers and everyone who came to our sale and donated items! Our sale was a great success thanks to you!
We are still looking for anyone wanting to join our group to sing, so please consider joining the Chancel Choir this year! No audition is necessary! Rehearsals will begin promptly at 9:30am on the Sunday service in which we sing. If interested in joining us, please contact the church office.
Music Committee News:
If you are interested in providing special music (singing, playing an instrument, playing the piano, etc.), please contact the church office.
PF Youth News:
- Our Group meets on the first and third Sunday of the month after service.
If you have any questions about the group or would like to join one of our events, contact Claude Johnson or the church office.
- Helpful resources right here in Greenville: Caring.com is the leading online destination for those seeking information and support as they care for aging parents, spouses, and other loved ones. They create free resources that provide comprehensive information on topics like financial support and care options that are available per area. Please check out our website: https://www.caring.com/senior-living/assisted-living/michigan/greenville for more information!
FOOD MISSION: The Food Mission is open once again at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church! The first day will be Tuesday, July 6th. Volunteers are needed for the new schedule which is Tuesday’s 10-12 and Wednesday’s 6-7:30pm. There will be on the job training and workers have the option to wear or not wear masks if vaccinated. If interested please call Dee Veitengruber at 616-754-1853.