First Congregational Church supports the Greenville community in a variety of different ways.
- Parish Nurse Ministry
- Boys Scouts of America
- Girl Scouts of America
- Big Brother and Big Sister
- Alcoholics Anonymous (Meetings offered on Sunday, Thursday, Friday)
- Bereavement Classes (held throughout the year by United Spectrum Hospice)
- Wedgwood Christian Services (Greenville office within church)
- Have Mercy
- Ecumenical Food Pantry
- Kids Against Hunger
- Back to School Drive
- Christmas Angel Tree Program
We also support various missions both locally and abroad. We work closely with the National Association of Congregational Christian Churches.
Our parish nurse ministry is a unique way we help our elderly and those with health issues. We provide blood-pressure check-ups, as well as offer information, classes, and health-care support. We work closely with United Spectrum Hospital, offering various programs on our campus.
Bereavement support is offered throughout the year. Classes are held at the church and led by Spectrum Health United Hospice.
Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
Girl Scout meetings vary by troop.
For more information on girl scouting, please contact the church office.
- Cub Scouts meet every Monday at 6:00 PM
- Boy Scouts meet every Wednesday at 7:00 PM
- Any boy age 6-17 may join.
- To contact Troop 130 call Mike Smith @ 616-835-3892
- For more info go to Michiganscouting.org.
- Thursday Meeting: 7:30 PM
Local and National Missions
The church and our youth ministries work closely with local missions; raising support, awareness and the Spirit of God. We also support numerous missions through our national association (NACCC).