At First Congregational Church we believe all our members are ministers, called to serve God and our neighbors with the love and grace given to us through Christ Jesus. We are an open and affirming church that desires to love God and each individual made in God’s image.Whether you are grounded in your faith or still questioning your faith or somewhere in-between, we invite you to come as you are, and as you are able. All are welcome.
At First Congregational Church we uphold these values:
- Christ alone is the head of the church
- All church members are spiritually equal and called to the work of ministry
- Every local church is autonomous and complete
- Each local church is called into wider associations of fellowship
- Believers are bound to one another in voluntary covenant
- Every Christian possesses full liberty of conscience in interpreting the Gospel
- The Bible is fully sufficient as our guide in matters of faith and practice and will inspire individuals and direct the church with fresh light and truth for every generation
Our Church Covenant
We are banded together as a Christian Church to maintain the worship of God, to proclaim the gospel of Christ, to develop in people a consciousness of their relations and duties to God and their fellow souls, and to inspire them with love for truth passion for righteousness and enthusiasm for service. To this end, we pledge our loyalty to Christ and covenant with each other to strive to express His spirit in our individual and corporate life: to live together as Christian brethren, and to submit ourselves to the government of this church, working, giving, praying for its increase, its purity, its peace, and seeking in every way to make it a power for the building up of the Kingdom of God.
The Prayer Chain accepts prayer requests from the congregation for the needs of family and friends. Information is passed along the chain by telephone and members pray privately in their homes. To request prayer, call Roxy Rice (coordinator) at 616-754-5849, 10 am – 8 pm, or the church office at 616-754-3445.