Our mission is to take advantage of the teachable moments that happen every day that cultivate a love for learning.
Our goal is to help your child thrive in a caring, Christian environment that promotes cultural values and supports positive relationships and respectful interaction.
Our purpose is to help foster the cognitive, creative, emotional, social, spiritual, and the physical growth and development of each student. Through a healthy balance of child-directed and teacher-guided activities, your child will be encouraged to participate and work individually, as well as in small and large groups.
Available Monday – Friday for children ages 2 1/2 to 5 years.
- We believe that a stable, safe, healthy, comfortable, and culturally relevant environment is crucial to a child’s growth.
- A play based approach provides a child centered curriculum directed by teachers in which children are encouraged to construct their own knowledge.
- We believe that our program reflects the needs and goals of children and families.
- We do our best to work closely with the families to help provide an integrated, comprehensive approach to learning.
- Children go outside twice a day, weather permitting.
- The school year begins in September and runs through June; follows the Greenville School calendar.
- Fees are based on a nine month calendar year; tuition is due at the beginning of each month.
- We are licensed by the State of Michigan. Our teachers are fully credentialed, and received certificate training annually.
MEET OUR GRANDPARENTS THAT WORK IN OUR CLASSROOM. EACH ONE IS A VERY IMPORTANT PART OF OUR PRESCHOOL FAMILY!
- OPEN HOUSE will be in August 2018 followed by a Parent Orientation Meeting
- Parent or guardian must attend the parent orientation, with completed forms
- Children must 3/4/5 years of age before December 1 of the current year in order to register
- Children do not need to be potty trained in order to attend
- Enrollment fee and first months tuition must be paid in advance
- For enrollment package, please contact the Preschool or Church Office 616-745-3445.
- September: School begins, Apple Orchard Field trips
- October: Pumpkin Patch, Halloween Truck or Treating
- November: Thanksgiving Feast
- December: Christmas Pageant, Christmas Parties
- January: Water Day Play
- February: Valentines Party
- March: Leprechaun traps
- April: Easter Egg hunt, visit with Easter Bunny
- May: Picnics outside, walks to parks
- June: Graduation and a big end of the school year celebration at Miss Candy’s Farm
Here’s What’s Happening This Fall
School started in September and children are well adjusted to the new rules, new routines and all the new experiences. In September we went to the apple orchard. In October, Montcalm Township Fire Dept. came to visit the children. What a learning experience for the children and they all got to sit in the Firetruck!
In October we talk about PUMPKINS…..
- Children exploring pumpkins
- We are working on fine motor skills
- Eye-hand coordination
- Language skills (lots of talking going on)
- Working together as a friends